Friday, 9 April 2010

Wintercraft In The Wild

Today I held a finished printed copy of Wintercraft in my hands for the very first time. *glows with pride*

I couldn't be more pleased with it. The cover is just beautiful, some of the pages are framed with flakes of frost and the symbols on the cover shine in the light. It is, quite simply, a book that wants to be touched.

But less of this 'finished copy' talk, that's for next month. This book's elder brothers and sisters are out in the world already! Proof copies began dropping onto people's doormats today. The gates to Kate Winters' world have been thrown open and I hope you all enjoy the story that waits inside.

Thanks to everyone who let me know they received a copy. I've seen photographs of proofs out in the wild and each one makes me smile.

Right now I'm off to laminate my brand new book, lock it in a glass case and hermetically seal it inside a lead-lined chest that is to be placed immediately under 24 hour guard.
Or I could just sit it on my desk so I can flick through it every now and again.

Decisions, decisions...

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I know you are beaming with happiness. :)

    ~ Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I can't wait until I get a chance to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should savor the day to the fullest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Have a blog, called BookWatcher (http://thebookwatcher.blogspot.com/), in wich I post my comments about books that I read.
    At my blog, I write the reviews in three languages: english, italian and portuguese (I am Brazilian)
    Also, I am a contributor in GoodReads, where I always publish my reviews.
    I have loved the synopsis of your book on http://www.headline.co.uk/bookdetails.aspx?BookID=188223 and I would love to read it.
    So, I kindly ask for a reading copy.
    If it would not be able to send me a copy -- because I live in Italy -- I would be pleased to read it in any digital format, such as PDF or EPub or anyother.
    I wish to you success and long life to your book
    Best regards

    Camila
    camilau2@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my ARC today! I'm getting read to tuck into it right now, and I'm headed to the park tomorrow to read in the sun! I'll send you a pic of Wintercraft in Scotland!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete