Sunday, 30 May 2010

Out And About

The past couple of days have been very exciting!

On Friday morning, me and my publicist Maura (@Red_Books on Twitter) headed to Stockton-On-Tees for my very first set of book talks. The librarians there made us very welcome (Hi Helen!), the two school groups I spoke to asked some brilliant questions and every copy of Wintercraft sold out!

In the afternoon we were whisked off to Egglescliffe School for two more talks in the school library. I read a section from the book and there were more questions at the end than there was time to answer them. The school bell rang, marking the beginning of the half-term holiday and I just managed to sign books for everyone before they raced off to catch their bus!

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came to see me on Friday: Gurpreet, Leighton, Demi, Rebecca, Charlie, Danah, John, Rachel, Mollie, Aaron, Jessie and everyone else from both Egglescliffe School and Thornaby Community School. It was lovely to meet you all and I hope you enjoy reading your books!

Then on Saturday it was time for my first bookshop signing. Waterstones, Darlington is my local bookshop, so it was very exciting to be given my own signing table and a queue of people waiting for me before I even arrived.

I spent two hours signing books and chatting to people, which was great fun!

Thanks to Danielle and Paula for inviting me to their shop, and to Vera, Pat, Alison, Jake, Lauren, Fraser, Sarah and everyone who came to Waterstones yesterday. I could be heading back for a second signing very soon, so if you missed me on Saturday, keep your eyes peeled for posters around the shop and come and see me next time!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. I bet you enjoyed meeting all those enthusiastic people. Please come to Scotland for a book signing :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed yourself - hopefully you might get to my area sometime! (Reading, Berkshire)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna.
    Haven't really read Wintercraft but it sounds good. 1 day I will persuade my mum to buy it for me. Awesome work! :D

    ReplyDelete