Monday, 19 July 2010

Special Delivery

If any of you have been to my school talks, or have ever talked about books with me at all, you will know that whenever I'm asked about my favourite authors one name in particular always pops up: Jonathan Stroud.


I am a huge fan of The Bartimaeus Trilogy (The Amulet Of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye & Ptolemy's Gate) so when I heard last year that there was going to be another book featuring the 'djinni with attitude' Bartimaeus, I knew that I had to mark the release date in my diary.

Then last week, thanks to the lovely Becky Stradwick at Random House, a taster of the first chapter of the new book appeared in my inbox, causing much excitement at my desk. (It is brilliant, by the way.)

And today... this arrived...


An advance proof copy of 'Bartimaeus - The Ring Of Solomon'!

I can almost hear Bartimaeus's sarcastic voice seeping from the pages already.

If you are a fellow Barty fan, The Ring Of Solomon is due for release on 14th October this year. And if you haven't read any of the series yet, I highly recommend you seek them out.

This book is shooting right to the very top of my reading pile.
Hurrah!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Ggod! I actually screamed a little when I saw that You are so lucky! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete