Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Updates

Things have been a little bit quiet on the blog recently, so I thought I'd write an update of what's been going on during the last few weeks.

Firstly, some HUGE news that I forgot to share with you all was that Wintercraft was mentioned in the June 12th edition of The Times! There was a lovely article in the book section written by Amanda Craig, who wrote that Wintercraft is 'Huge fun and deliciously shivery' with 'a genuine graveyard chill'.

I think I only forgot to mention it because I was too busy bouncing around the room with delight.

And secondly, I have some international news... I wrote about a US publishing deal a few weeks ago - with the wonderful people at Greenwillow/HarperCollins - and now I can add a few more countries to the publishing list.

*drumrolls*

Wintercraft has found new international homes with publishers in Brazil, Indonesia, Poland and Portugal!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the book printed in different languages. If you are reading this blog from any of those countries, please say hello in the comments. It would be lovely to hear from you.

I also want to say a big thank you to all the readers who have sent me emails and messages this month. And thanks for the birthday wishes too!

It's been a very busy few weeks. :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome news. Congrats m'dear. Wintercraft rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome news. Congratulations. You totally deserve this. Wintercraft is an awesome book. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is great news! Just yesterday I got Wintercraft in the post - I am sooo happy I finally have a copy! I have no idea where it came from, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean.

    It sounds like a copy has escaped from its secret hiding place and made its way to your house for sanctuary.

    If you see any crows flying overhead, watch out... Silas could be nearby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Jenna ,
    Greetings from Indonesia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *squeals* That's awesome news, especially about The Times! (which somehow I rank as the top paper). Yay for more deals!

    ReplyDelete